Parish School of Religion
St. Bernadette P.S.R.
Mrs. Majchrzak’s Minutes
This year, P.S.R. looks a little different as we are engaging in social distancing in our classrooms, as we are in our day to day lives.
The students ministered at the October P.S.R. mass following our current guidelines. Fr. Bob extended a special blessing on the teachers at mass. We were also able to honor Mrs. Mary Clair Wenger, who retired at the (rather abrupt) end of our last school year. Mrs. Wenger dedicated almost 30 years to teaching P.S.R., both at St. Bernadette’s and her home parish of Queen of All Saints.
P.S.R. mass is celebrated at the 10:30 mass on the third Sunday of each month, October through April. Students will continue to minister in small ways during mass each month.
Please pray for our P.S.R. students, especially our second grade students as they prepare to celebrate the sacrament of Reconciliation in December.
- P.S.R. – Parish School of Religion
- - for children and youth (grades 1-8) – all Catholic students not in a Catholic school need to participate in our PSR
- - complete catechesis in the Catholic faith, including sacrament prep for First Holy Communion and for Confirmation.
- - Starting Sunday, Sept. 13th, 9am- 10:15am, in our school building
- - need to register? Contact the Parish Office, or our CRE, Mrs. Sue Majchzak, 704-2306
Archbishop Robert Carlson has announced that all schools and religious education programs in the Archdiocese of St. Louis will close beginning Wednesday, March 18th.
Archbishop Carlson made this decision in cooperation with local and state government and health officials. Archbishop Carlson says the health and safety of the people of the archdiocese is a priority and sees this decision as the best path forward to mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus in our area.
We continue to work with the Archdiocese of St. Louis and state and local health officials to ensure the safety of children. We are in this together and remind you that your role as parents is the most critical component in the strategy of preventing the spread of this illness.
- If a family member is symptomatic of the COVID-19 coronavirus, please contact your county health department. Officials operating the hotline will give you information on testing and the need to self-quarantine.
- If you or a close relative plans to travel, you are advised to check the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) link for travel guidelines and the latest updates on areas with confirmed cases of COVID-19. If you are traveling to an area where the virus is present or are unsure whether or not it is present at your travel destination, please contact the St. Louis County Department of Health Hotline at (314) 615-2660 for further instruction.
- Be aware of how COVID-19 spreads and what you can do to prevent it. That information is similar to the procedures we use in preventing influenza and can be found here.
- State and health officials have banned gatherings of 50 or more people.
Prayer is of the utmost importance. Please continue to pray the prayer given to us by the USCCB. You can find the prayer posted at archstl.org/coronavirus.
If you have any questions, please contact me or the rectory office.
Mrs. Sue Majchrzak
(314) 892-6882 St. Bernadette Parish Office